Re: Training Manual Layout Question Take 2

Subject: Re: Training Manual Layout Question Take 2
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:25:30 -0700

I'd say go for the notes section at the bottom of each page, but both
options (either a notes section or notes kept separately) have their
pros and cons.

Speaking from my own experience at attending seminars and training
courses (not including formal education as from a school or college),
unless the information presented is something that the student or
attendee is going to use right away in their job, chances are very good
that the notes will never be read again after leaving the class.

Here's one pro and one con (they seem almost to contradict each other):

A notes section at the bottom of each page will help keep the notes
organized and closely tied to the material they pertain to.

For followup reference, it may be harder to locate specific notes spread
throughout a many-page training manual than it would be to leaf through
a few handwritten pages of notes written consecutively.

Bev Parks
The Friendly Faces of TECHWR-L -
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/