Re: CBT vs. Stand up

Subject: Re: CBT vs. Stand up
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:47:48 +0000

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand".

Good in principle! I'm involved in a local quiz league and it's amazing
the amount of totally "useless" information (both heard and seen) that is
remembered.

I also know a lot of engineers who "do" without "understanding". May not
be ideal but they often don't need to know how something works in order to
use it. They now if they press buttons X, Y and Z the machine will do A.
To operate the machine that is all they need to know. If it breaks down
then they call another engineer who has had more training etc and does know
"understand" the machine.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International