Re: ADMIN: Tone and Style of Responses

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Tone and Style of Responses
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 06:36:03 -0800

>The problem is that, if I were a young tech writer with relatively
>little experience in the real world--which, by the way, I happen to
>be--I would think twice about posting my own problems to the list if I
>thought they would get the "Get over it" sort of response.  In fact, I
>would think twice about it right now.  I don't really see how this sort
>of response would help me any more than, say, a good caning.

Sometimes I'd like to give advice but don't have time to write a
treatise. Sometimes advice is clearer if unadorned.

If you regard a terse answer as equivalent to a good caning, I think
you need to ask yourself whether you are letting your feelings get in
the way of your judgment.

As for my "get over it" reply, which apparently prompted your concern,
I apologize for being flippant. But the advice stands. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.