Re: Old versions of software

Subject: Re: Old versions of software
From: Dan Azlin <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:10:23 -0500

At 03:32 PM 3/24/98 -0600, Sharon Key wrote:
>We are upgrading to RoboHelp Office 5.5 and have 3.0, 4.0, 95, and 5.0
>just taking up space on our shelves.
>What does everyone else do with their old versions? Do you sell them?
>Do you donate them to a school? This is new to me and I would
>appreciate some input.

Donating previous versions of software to schools is a valid option as it
provides resources to otherwise "out of luck" student, especially at the
middle and elementary levels. Some software mfgs provide a special license
transfer for the previous version to schools. You should contact the mfg
and ask if they have such a policy and any appropriate paperwork.

Also, you can take a tax deduction for the charitable contribution.

FWIW
Dan Azlin

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
dazlin -at- shore -dot- net 7 Myrtle Street
ph/fax 978-921-8908 Beverly, MA 01915-3315