Re: To anchor a line

Subject: Re: To anchor a line
From: "KAHN, DEBRA" <DEBRAK -at- FTC1 -dot- AEI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:16:50 -0600

Frank Taylor wrote:
(snip)Whilst preparing a data sheet (digital electronics) I have to place a
line above a specific letter in order to indicate an inverted signal.

The text is in a table cell.

Although I have placed this line from the Drawing toolbar of Word 7 and
checked the Lock Anchor option in the Drawing Object window, the line
still floats away from its correct position when I open the document
again. (snip)

I have had the same need and have encountered the same problem. (I have even
had engineers call me asking me how they can fix this problem in their
specification documents.) The majority of the company here works in Word 6.
I work mostly in Ventura 4 and Frame 5. These two packages offer an
"overline" feature in the text attributes/character designer. But I have
never seen the "overline" attribute offered in Word.

I will be interested in solutions, also. Please post to the list.

Debra Kahn
Senior Techincal Writer
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
debrak -at- ftc1 -dot- aei -dot- com