WordPerfect DOS Conversions

Subject: WordPerfect DOS Conversions
From: Colleen Adams <PD33 -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:19:02 -0500

Hi all.

Our Documentation Team still has approximately 50 "active" (or still in
use) technical documents and almost 150 inactive (or "archived") docs
which are still in WordPerfect DOS 5.1. Over time, we've been able to
convert some of the more crucial documents to Word 95; however, we
need to find a more efficient and effective means to do this conversion,
especially since WordPerfect is not Y2000 compliant--YIKES!

I've considered going to PDF but wasn't even sure if I could convert from
WordPerfect.... also considered going to some kind of document capture
or imaging system. We also still have to be able to go back to these
documents from time-to-time for updates. (And sometime very soon, we
will be converting again... this time, to Frame.)

Is anyone else out there struggling with these "legacy" documentation
issues? What have been your experiences? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Colleen Adams
External Documentation Supervisor
Medi-Span, Inc.