Re: SGML -- Still in use today?

Subject: Re: SGML -- Still in use today?
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:24:25 -0500

At 08:49 PM 3/30/98 -0600, Ron Brown wrote:

>Is SGML something that I would want to take the time to learn? Does
>anyone still use SGML? Is this a skill that would look good on a
>technical writer's resume?

I do contracting, and I get an occasional request for someone with SGML
skills. Yes, I definitely think it would look good on a resume. There's an
"advanced" version of the popular desktop-publisher, FrameMaker, that used
to be called "Framebuilder" and now is called "FrameMaker with SGML." In my
experience, clients who want "Framebuilder" experience won't even consider
someone who just has FrameMaker skills. Apparently the SGML is pretty
important.

Regards,
Nina P.
____

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager: 404-596-7889
mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/writers.htm