Entry-level tech writer wanted -- Ann Arbor, Michigan

Subject: Entry-level tech writer wanted -- Ann Arbor, Michigan
From: "Susan E. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STEEPLECHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:34:04 -0500

Entry-level tech writer wanted!

Steeplechase Software is a fast growing, aggressive company seeking
entrepreneurial people to grow with us. We want motivated, energetic
individuals who are excited about being challenged and acquiring new
skills.

Steeplechase is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, approximately 40 minutes
west of Detroit. Ann Arbor is an active community, with a wide variety of
cultural and intellectual offerings. We are approximately one mile from the
University of Michigan campus.

You'll be working in a small-company atmosphere with one other technical
writer. Your responsibilities include editing existing material at first,
then developing original material as you learn more about the product.
Publications are currently created in FrameMaker and RoboHELP, although
we're continually investigating new documentation tools as they appear.
You'll work closely with others in Product Marketing and Engineering, with
an opportunity to work on a wide variety of products.

The ideal candidate has:

- A degree in technical communication or a related field
- Experience writing technical documentation (internship or classroom)
- The ability to pick up tools and technical concepts quickly
- The ability to work independently with minimal hand-holding
- Experience with FrameMaker, Windows 95/NT, and some experience with a
graphics package (CorelDRAW, Illustrator, etc.)
- A sense of humor and flexibility -- the startup environment creates the
opportunity to work on a variety of projects, however, it also means that
we all must be a "jack of all trades" from time to time

For more information about Steeplechase, please visit our www site at
www.steeplechase.com.

To apply, email your resume to recruit -at- steeplechase -dot- com or contact us at
the following address:

Human Resources
Steeplechase Software
1330 Eisenhower Place
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone: 734.975.8100
Fax: 734.975.8123

Principals only please.
Steeplechase Software, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.