Re: Introversion!

Subject: Re: Introversion!
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:18:15 -0800

>Actually, my take on technical writing is that we're all extroverted
>introverts

OK, I'm an INTJ, and the I is almost an E.

I think tendencies in both directions can help technical
writers. Writing requires intense inner-directed activity,
while information gathering requires reasonable interpersonal
skills.

Writing for a specific audience is an arm's length interaction
that is both interpersonal and isolated. The writer can draw
energy from the audience's positive response -- whether
experienced directly or simply fantasized-- but doesn't have
to endure the energy drain that introverts suffer when they
must spend too much time face to face with others. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.