Adobe Capture/Acrobat Experiences?

Subject: Adobe Capture/Acrobat Experiences?
From: Scott VanNostrand <vannossc -at- PSSCH -dot- PS -dot- GE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:28:54 -0500

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences using Adobe Capture/Acrobat?

I'm in the process of developing a plan to manage hundreds of RFQs/RFPs that
we receive each year. Usually, we need to distribute copies of each 100+
page spec to several groups in our organization. Each group, for the most
part, is interested in only a few pages of the spec in order to develop
their part of the proposal (but they could use the rest as reference if
needed). My plan proposes that the documents would "Captured" then
"Cataloged" and e-mailed to each group. They could search the index for
references to "training" or "spare parts", etc. and possibly reduce errors
of omission. If they needed hard copy, they are free to print out those
pages desired.

Ultimately, these documents could be used as a reference tool for future
dealings with the same customer. This type of information has been sought
after for quite some time now (would answer the questions, "What did they
want last time?" which then begs the question "Where are the old RFQs?").

Thanks for your help,

Scott Van Nostrand
scott -dot- vannostrand -at- ps -dot- ge -dot- com