Medical Writing

Subject: Medical Writing
From: Jon Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:56:50 -0500

I should clarify my original request for information about sources for
writing for the medical community.

I know that this community prepares and reads research papers. However, I
am interested in information about what doctors and other health providers
want and need in regards to everyday equipment manuals. Such as the
operator's guide accompanying that neat laser the surgeon is learning to
use, or the installation guide the biomedical technician needs to set up
the imaging equipment.

Obviously manufacturers are producing these types of docs. I just saw some
manuals at a recent interview. They were atrocious. And the manufacturer
knew it! They just didn't know how to improve on them. What does the
medical community want to see?

Jon Leer
Leer Technical Communications
603-644-8627, 644-8628 (fax)
jleer -at- ltc -dot- mv -dot- com
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/ltc

Better Communication Means Better Business