Re: offsite rates

Subject: Re: offsite rates
From: Robin Allen <rmallen -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 14:50:23 -0500

Laurie:

Contractors set their on-site v off-site rates for different reasons. Like your
colleague that doesn't want to work away from home, I too charge more to work
on-site. I'll work on-site ocassionally during the course of a contract, but if
a client wants me on-site all the time, they have to pay -- usually $10 - $15
more. They have to *really* want me on-site to pay that much more.

When you set your rates, you have to decide what's best for you. If you want to
work on-site so that you can use the client's equipment, space, etc., then set
your on-site rate a little lower to encourage on-site work. If you want to work
in your own office, in your own time, then set your on-site rate a little
higher to discourage on-site work.

Robin Allen
Twenty-Six Letters, Inc.
210-696-8721 voice