Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?

Subject: Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:33:07 -0400

On 4/8/98 6:57 PM, Dick Gaskill (dickg -at- AG3D -dot- COM) wrote:

>I'm not a networking expert, but I'm
>wondering if it's possible for a file to pick up a virus while traveling
>across the the internet. A file travels through a lot equipment as well
>as wires. Also I konw that to handle the increased traffic, AOL has
>recently added a LOT of new equipment and in a big hurry.

Not possible. Or rather, maybe possible, but so wildly unlikely that it's
never, ever happened, as far as any sources I've read.

For a good, skeptical, feet-firmly-planted-on-the-ground view of what
viruses *aren't* capable of, see:

<http://www.kumite.com/myths/>

Hope this helps.

----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman