JAD sessions

Subject: JAD sessions
From: Gina Hertel <Ghertel -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:53:18 -0400

Have any technical communicators ever been asked to participate in a JAD
session?

I was recently asked to do so, and I'm wondering what to expect. So, what
should I anticipate? How can I avoid being a stenographer for a bunch of
developers? What kind of contribution might I make? What can I expect to
get out of this in terms of future documentation I'll have to prepare?

[Note: The session is in regard to an e-commerce site that we're building.
There'll be project documentation (functional specs, design docs, etc.) that
will have to be written, and there'll be some documentation delivered with
the final product, which will detail overall systems setup, depict
administrative screens, etc.]

Thanks.