Re: Copyright Infringement and Frames [OFF, possibly]

Subject: Re: Copyright Infringement and Frames [OFF, possibly]
From: WandaJane Phillips <wjp -at- WRITELIVELIHOOD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:28:24 -0400

At 11:40 09/04/98 -0500, Sokohl, Joe wrote:
>Recently I found my Web site hijacked by a group called the Mining
>Company. Within this group's Website is a page devoted to technical
>writing. Cool idea, eh? Maybe, except they have links that are embedded
>within their frameset. That is, when you click a link to an external
>page, the external page loads subordinate to the frameset.

Joe, there is code that you can insert to prevent this, it forces your page
out of the frames. I don't have the reference on hand, but try a javascript
site. There are tons, I added this to a couple of pages, after I read about
a problem where a newspaper (Shetland News, I believe) in England was
hijacking competitor's stories using the frame launch.

This is the line I use, it may not be the most elegant solution, but, as
far as I know, it works.

if (parent.location.href != window.location.href) parent.location.href =
window.location.href;

wjp
/* Write Livelihood - Documentation that solves problems
/* WandaJane Phillips wjp -at- writelivelihood -dot- com
/* Visit our web site at http://www.writelivelihood.com/