Re[2]: A puzzlement: is this a virus?

Subject: Re[2]: A puzzlement: is this a virus?
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:53:47 -0500

You didn't say, but since she's using AOL, it seems that your
coworker is sending the files from home. I'm not a networking
expert, but I'm wondering if it's possible for a file to pick up a
virus while traveling across the the internet.

Not without postulating a vicious enough conspiracy to make any and all
security precautions useless.

It passes through a lot of equipment, yes, but simply passing through
equipment is not enough to infect it. It's not physical proximity which
causes computer viruses to spread.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224