Re: Corporate Constipation

Subject: Re: Corporate Constipation
From: Penn Brumm <penn -at- HEALTHEON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 17:43:46 -0700

Hi:

I guess I have to disagree. In my experience, big/small seems irrelevant.
It's the company culture, ethics, and values that make the difference. Those
factors come from the people involved.

In my last job (as a tech writer), I worked for a small startup. They seemed
to be more interested in huge salaries for the "executive staff" than in
business direction and product quality. The managers all got fantastic bonuses
-- we worker-bees could never see why. However, at the company where I
currently work (another startup), the people are generous with their
interpersonal assistance and support. There is rarely any contention. People
work phenomenal numbers of hours, etc., etc. Yet, it's one of the best places
I've worked in the last 15 years (and I've worked 22 years at major
corporations, out of my 30 in the data processing industry).

Penn

- - -