Summary:DB>PDF

Subject: Summary:DB>PDF
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:48:03 -0700

Thanks to:
Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- Xantrex -dot- com>
Shlomo Perets <mtype -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
David Somers <somersd -at- natlab -dot- research -dot- philips -dot- com>

============
I have a MS Access db that I work with and this is what I do: look at
db in table mode. Choose output or export to Word. Access creates an
RTF table which I can then tweak, save as Word doc & print to
Distiller. I know that you are using completely different db
software, but perhaps this method will lead you in the direction
toward creating what you need....
Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- Xantrex -dot- com> [FrameUser list/Mon, 13 Apr 1998
10:27:48 -0700]
============
Miramo is a Database-to-FrameMaker application, and can be configured
to accomplish what you ask for.
If you would like to see an example of how it is used it real time to
author custom-made PDF files, visit
http://www.doc.fid-intl.com/cgi-bin/CreateKFDForm1
Additional information can be found on my web page, from which you
can also download an article which is about to appear in the next
issue of Adobe's Frame of Reference newsletter.
Miramo is available for Unix and Windows NT.
Shlomo Perets
MicroType (Israel) - Electronic Publishing: e-mail:
mtype -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il * http://www.netvision.net.il/php/mtype
Fax: +972-3-6739036 * 49 Arlozorov St., Ramat-Gan 52493, ISRAEL [13
Apr 1998 21:52:53 +0300 (IDT)]
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat Advanced Techniques Course - now also an ONLINE
course; FrameMaker-to-Acrobat Timesavers
============
What is wanted is technically feasible... I've done similar things in
the past (client wanted reports from their database to go out as nice
looking documents via a fax server... I ended up writing a postscript
driver to do all the formatting as the fax server accepted PS input).
In simple terms, when the client requests a report, you'd fire up
INFORMIX or SAP (or whatever) and get it to generate the report as a
PostScript file. Then, submit that PS file to Acrobat Distiller. Wait
for the file to distill then email the PDF file out to the client.
David Somers MSTDTech MIEEE Philips Research Laboratories [Mailstop
WAY 3.34], Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-40-2743878; E-mail: somersd -at- natlab -dot- research -dot- philips -dot- com
[FrameUser list, Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:44:23 +0200]
I would be interested in your summary. I didn't realize such a thing
might be possible, but if it is it would help me too.
Jill Burgchardt ( jburgcha -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov ) [13 Apr
1998 10:47:47 -0600]

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])