Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates

Subject: Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:50:47 -0700

At 10:29 AM 4/14/98 -0700, Bob Morrisette wrote:

>Only a small percentage of open positions are advertised "anywhere."
>We have many openings, but I haven't seen any ads to fill them.
>We pay a $1,000 bounty to employees for referrals.

Right on. When a writer I had worked with at another company was laid off, I
got him an interview here. He was hired almost immediately, and the job was
*never* posted to the outside world.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com