Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?

Subject: Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:52:34 -0400

Sorry, Debra...

I'm more responsive sitting among the developers rather than shutting
myself off from them. I'm more approachable, I "hear" of things going on
with my products more readily. And besides, when I really concentrate on a
task (get in a zone?), all I hear is my thinking anyway.

We aren't different than developers. They develop information through code
and we develop information through words. It's only when we stop trying to
convince others that we are "different" (which in some eyes, is thought of
to be "better"), will we be given the equality that we ask for.

I'd spend more time learning how to tear walls down and less time trying to
figure out how to put walls up.

They get my vote.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 732-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them.