Re: Mac to Word conversion program help pleze

Subject: Re: Mac to Word conversion program help pleze
From: Kees de Bondt <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:58:18 +0200

>Hi. would anyone know of a conversion program from MacWrite to Word? I have
>just gone from using an Apple Mac to a PC and want to convert my files
>over. I haven't had any luck finding such a program in Australia and wonder
>if any of you might be able to suggest one. I would also appreciate any
>address/URL where I might be able to purchase such a program. Many thanks
>for your help!
>Ecriva
>ecriva -at- bigpond -dot- com

There are two possibilities:
1. Use MacLink. This is a set of document-translators by DataViz Inc.
(www.dataviz.com) which may translate any MacWrite document to PC Word 6
or 7 and vv. in a Macintosh-environment.
2. Export your MacWrite documents into a temporary format which Word can
import: e.g. RTF (Microsoft Rich-Text-Format).
If you included graphs already, save and convert these separately. E.g.
by using GraphicConverter (Mac) or GWS (Graphics Workshop for PC), both
shareware and being found around the Web.

Regards
Kees de Bondt

QUALITY BY DOCUMENTATION
AlQuin Total Quality
Amstelveen, Home of CoBrA - NL
e-mail: cbon -at- wxs -dot- nl ph/fx +31.20.6450976
http://home.wxs.nl/~cbon/ The Quality Homepage