Getting Things Figured Out

Subject: Getting Things Figured Out
From: "John W. Sliger" <jsliger -at- PDQ -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:00:26 -0700

Hello Folks,

My name is John Sliger. I'm new to the list. I sent an intro a couple of days ago thinking I was posting to the list and it turned out to be off line. There have been several postings that I have been following with interest. I have made some comments off line to some of those. Anyway, here is my intro again.

I have been a technical writer and electronics bench-test technician for 20 years. During 5 years of this time, I designed and tested specialized video-control circuitry and other computer-controlled circuitry. In the remaining 15 years, I have written and designed manuals, brochures, other marketing materials, and technical specifications for electronic circuitry. I have performed these functions in the following industries: video (television studio) equipment; computers; military trucks; utility-level, diesel-powered generator sets; and oilfield equipment. Not only have I developed and/or designed technical documentation for these industries, I have also written to set styles.

I have a home office set up with the following equipment: Compaq Presario 4528 PC with monitor, Hewlett Packard DeskJet 500 Printer, and a Compatibles Scanner/Keyboard by Compaq. I have the following software on the computer: Office 97, Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.01. I also have internet capabilities via pdq.net.

I am trying to break into freelancing. I have seen and been to several websites to no avail so far. I would appreciate any leads or other help toward this end.

Thanks,
JWS

John W. Sliger
Technical Writer