Re: Automatically generating C/C++ function documentation

Subject: Re: Automatically generating C/C++ function documentation
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:48:46 -0500

The MSWord macro approach worked for me for APIs. I used OLE2View.exe to
write typelibs and OCXs to text files. I then wrote two macros. The first
converted all the functions (in the text files) to help topics. Then, after
deleting hidden functions and ensuring that the topics were in the desired
order, a second macro performed the linking. I also automated the creation
of contents files, creating individual topics, and assigning helpcontextids.

A macro approach may work if the C++ functions are visible through a browser
with print-to-text capabilities.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Principal Technical Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/

"Humpty was pushed!"