ADMIN: Use of List

Subject: ADMIN: Use of List
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:00:17 -0600

Gang,

It has been brought to my attention that many or all
of you received a message with the subject line
TECH WRITING STUDENT NEEDS YOUR HELP.
That message was apparently sent by a former
subscriber to this list who obtained the list of members
and directly sent mail to many of you directly--
that is, it didn't come through TECHWR-L, although
the list of subscribers was apparently used for the
bulk mailing.

If anyone has the original message, with full
email headers, I'd really appreciate a copy of
it--if you're using Eudora, please redirect a copy
to me. Additionally, if you received the
TECH WRITING STUDENT NEEDS YOUR HELP
message, please drop me a brief note saying that
you got this message. Just put
GOT TECH WRITING STUDENT MESSAGE
in the subject line and I'll take it from there.

This "use" of the list is completely unauthorized
and I'm taking steps to prevent the recurrence of
this in the future, not to mention dealing with
the person who sent these messages.

Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.