Re: STC Conference Panelist needed

Subject: Re: STC Conference Panelist needed
From: "McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:06:01 -0400

Hope,

I'm jumping in, philosophically... If you must discuss the difference
between those two concepts themselves, 'information' is quite different from
'knowledge'. Information is some THING (set of facts, etc) that stands
alone, indifferent to what one does with it. 'Knowledge' on the other hand,
is a concept that a person HAS. A particular mind-set. One GETS
information, but one HAS knowledge of information. Because I have
knowledge of some information, I can provide you with that information. I
hope you have knowledge of it as a result! As well, I can still provide you
with information, but perhaps I don't know of it (the information, that is).
(I'm just passing it along.)

Nancy McDonald

<<application/ms-tnef>>