API

Subject: API
From: Heather Ramamurthy <HeatherR -at- MATRIDIGMUSA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:38:03 -0700

I am a software writer who has been documenting an application that fixes
old COBOL (Y2K stuff). Consequently, I've had to learn a little about COBOL.
Last night at an STC meeting, I learned about the field of API writing and I
feel that my current job is a precursor to that type of work. My question
is, what can I do to better prepare to become an API writer? Someone
suggested I learn C and Java. What do you all think?