Re: New slant: professionalism (long)

Subject: Re: New slant: professionalism (long)
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:59:12 -0400

Amen!! I don't have a problem with tech writers who don't know
what they're doing; I have a problem with TWs who think they *do* know
what they're doing...and, when asked what operating system they use,
answer "Hewlett-Packard." When asked to define active voice, say,
"something happening
now."
There is a really good writer who I'd like to hire, but won't
because she doesn't think she needs to learn anything; she used to write
at an engineering co. Both above quotes are from her. And she's a
reasonably successful freelancer. What do you suppose that does for our
perceived value?!!

Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)