Re: having your own web page

Subject: Re: having your own web page
From: Kees de Bondt <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:21:12 +0200

On 26-04-1998 ecriva, ecriva -at- BIGPOND -dot- COM wrote:

>Hi. My ISP is offering a free web page and I was wondering if many of you
>have your own.

Yes

>Do you find you get more work by having this?

Hardly

>Is it easy for customers to find and how do you ensure it is easy to find?

1. Go through the Submit-it pages (http://www.submit-it.com/) to announce
your page in a choice of webrobots databases.
2. Include a meta-tag under the header in your HTML-document like this:
<META name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2, keywordn"> in which
you desgnated the keywords to hittings like tech-writing, software
manuals, etc on which your page has to be selected.

>Is it considered more professional to have one?

Yes

>Thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome...
Kees de Bondt

QUALITY BY DOCUMENTATION
AlQuin Total Quality
Amstelveen, Home of CoBrA - NL
e-mail: cbon -at- wxs -dot- nl ph/fx +31.20.6450976
http://home.wxs.nl/~cbon/ The Quality Homepage