Re: query re having your own web page

Subject: Re: query re having your own web page
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:45:30 -0700

I have my own web page, a family style page. My company has given me the
space to create one at work. Then I'll have two.

When I was looking for work, I created what I called my "web page and
demonstration site" and invited people who were interested in my work to
have a look.

On that site I have my bio, publications, etc. I also have a demonstration
area where I work on solving the different web site problems, such as
learning how to do frames. I found that many more people were interested
in the fact that I had my own web site than were interested in looking at
it. 8-)

On the other hand, our local STC has an area where you can link to the web
sites of local contractors. These links go directly to the professional
site for the contractors. I think that's a really cool deal.

Marilynne

At 4:30 PM +1000 4/26/98, ecriva wrote:
>Hi. My ISP is offering a free web page and I was wondering if many of you
>have your own. Do you find you get more work by having this? Is it easy for
>cutomers to find and how do you ensure it is easy to find? Is it considered
>more professional to have one?
>Thank you for your assistance.
>Ecriva
>
>ecriva -at- bigpond -dot- com

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"