Process-Maturity Model Tools

Subject: Process-Maturity Model Tools
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:43:56 -0400

We are finally moving up the process maturity model. We are beginning to
implement applications development tools, document management tools,
and project planning tools. Could you good folks list the tools you
use and just a word or two about what you like or dislike. I don't
want a long discussion or debate but more of an inventory of
off-the-shelf tools that are available. From there, we will do some
investigative work to see if a product meets our needs and can be
supported within our distributed environment. We have a distributed
midrange architecture, use Lotus Notes extensively, have intranet,
and are pretty much on the bleeding edge in technology. We just have
an ad hoc shop and are beginning to develop structure and
methodology!

What are some of the tools your applications personnel are using for
systems development, i.e. CASE tools?

What are tech writers using for Document Development/Management
applications?

What are some good project planning applications?

What are some of the authoring tools (for Web, Intranet, hardcopy) I should
look at?

You can reply off list and I will do a summary. Thank you!

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Opinions expressed are mine alone; who else would express them?