Re: HELP!

Subject: Re: HELP!
From: Steve Arrants <SArrants -at- DATAFUSION -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:27:20 -0700

[Steve Arrants] Word 97, by default, inserts imported graphics
as floating objects. This lets you place them precisely on the page, in
front of or behind text and other objects. Word 6 placed imported
graphics inline, directly at the insertion point. In the Format Picture
dialog box, clear the Float Over Text check box. The graphic is now
placed inline, in the current paragraph.

The Format Picture dialog box has lots of options for
formatting, placing, positioning, etc. Read the online documentation
for more assistance.
> I have Pagemaker and Framemaker. Problem is: I don't know these
> software =
> packages. Does anyone have any comments regarding this situation. (I
> am =
> an experienced Quark Xpress and Publisher user.)
[Steve Arrants] You don't have the time to learn new software
and write the Beta UG in three weeks. Framemaker is probably a better
choice, depending on the size of the document, formatting, etc. But
Framemaker has a steep learning curve.

Stephen Arrants, Jr.
DATAFUSION, Inc.
139 Townsend Street Suite 100