Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day

Subject: Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day
From: "Palmer, Phyllis" <PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:28:51 -0500

It isn't as bad as all that!!! But everyone assumes the worst.

In fact, HE (the pres is male) does live his life very carefully because
of previous frivolous lawsuits in previous companies (not against him).
So far, I have said that I NEED to be there. I take responsibility for
myself and the developers take responsibility for themselves. So far, he
knows that I go to the beta sites. I am there and DO get my job done.

What I would like to ask is, am I the only one who has been advised to
be cautious? What about you? Males, females? I have worked at a
university where I was required to go through sexual harassment
sensitivity training (males & females alike were trained). I'm not
offended that the Pres wants me to be careful. I think this topic could
be discussed from a number of different angles.