Q. RoboHELP and RoboHTML questions

Subject: Q. RoboHELP and RoboHTML questions
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:02:33 -0700

Hi, another question for my learned peers:

I may have the opportunity to purchase a Help authoring tool in the coming
weeks. I have to produce help for Windows NT 4.0 and 5.0, as well as
Windows CE (HTML-based Pocket Help).

I read with interest that users can only access HTML-based help with
Internet Explorer. My programmer buddies in the office would like to know
if there is a work-around solution. For example, do RoboHELP and RoboHTML
produce native HTML files that can be placed on our Web site and read by a
standard browser (incl. Netscape)? Or are we stuck with a single, binary
help file that is only compatible with IE?

Also, can I produce help in two different formats, for use with the same
software application? Or am I limited to using a single help format for
each application?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Rowena

Rowena Hart