Re: graphics size in Word files (was RE: HELP!)

Subject: Re: graphics size in Word files (was RE: HELP!)
From: "Teresa T. Ess" <t -dot- t -dot- ess -at- LARC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:46:35 -0400

At 12:38 PM 4/28/98 -0400, Laurie Little wrote:

>The graphics went from an average 800K to about 10K, but amazingly
>enough, my Word file grew instead (from 5 mg to 7 mg).

Hi Laurie,
Are you saving your Word document with Allow Fast Saves turned on? Look
under Tools>Options>Save. If you turn off fast saves, copy your document
to a new file, and save it you may reduce the size of your file. Fast
saves just tacks the new file information on to the old stuff.

I hope this helps.

Teresa T. Ess
Supervisor, Technical Publications Support
NCI Information Systems
NASA Langley Research Center
t -dot- t -dot- ess -at- larc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
1-757-864-8331