Re: Newbie Information -- Clarification

Subject: Re: Newbie Information -- Clarification
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:00:11 -0600

At 07:54 AM 4/29/98 -0400, Tim Altom wrote:
>I propose to do a kind of FAQ just for newbie questions. Our Techwr-l site
>has a FAQ, but what it does is list a question or topic and then display a
>page with a bunch of responses from the list. If we were to add the common
>newbie questions we'd promptly double the list of topics. As Eric pointed
>out to me, it's a formidable task to put together a FAQ specifically for
>newbies, and almost as great a task for the webmaster to juggle all those
>separate topics.

Actually, I think that Tim misunderstood my message. Deb may answer in
greater detail later, but there's certainly no real or implied limit
to the number of topics that could be addressed through topic summaries
on the TECHWR-L site (http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/topics.htm).
As a matter of fact, the more questions and answers we have
summarized there, the better it will be for anyone who needs that
information as well as for those who would prefer to venture into
newer areas, rather than rehashing the same topics at the same
level of detail.

If someone--newbie or not--has a summary of one or more common
newbie questions, send them to Deb at debray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-
For that matter, if anyone has any contributions or suggestions to make on
any topic, or links to sites or pages like the one Tim proposes, those
too would be quite welcome. (Tim, please tell Deb when it goes up
so she can link to it.)

(Deb says that the latest update is nearly done, BTW, now that
the real work is out of the way for the moment.)

Thanks!
Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.