Re: How can I be a technical writer?

Subject: Re: How can I be a technical writer?
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:37:26 -0500

Randal: Many of us document the operation of equipment and/or computer
systems. We aren't being deceptive about what we do. We learn how to
operate the product and then we write instructions for users.

With all due respect, I think you may be dealing with another issue here
that has nothing to do with us. Were you in a contract job that didn't work
out and now you feel that your only employment opportunities are in low-pay
service work? If you have an English degree, there are other opportunities
out there for you. Your greatest deterrent, though, is your attitude. Good
luck to you.

Laurel Nelson