Re: Problem with chapter numbering in Frame

Subject: Re: Problem with chapter numbering in Frame
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- HIGHSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:51:05 -0500

5.5.x seems to have a problem that didn't exist in earlier releases.
Autonumbered series now require that all paragraph formats that use the
same series identifier (letter/colon; or no identifier) all must have the
same number of counters. In the past, FrameMaker could "keep the counter
columns straight" by counting from the leftmost counter. So, the fix is to
make all paragraph formats that share a series identifier have the same
number of counters, and make the behavior of each counter explicit. For
example, the ChapNum series would be something like:

C:Chapter <n+>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>

The second, third, fourth, and fifth counters are reset to zero each time
the chapter paragraph format appears. These additional counters are used
for chapter-based numbering of tables, figures, charts, graphs, etc, in
paragraph formats assigned for them.

Check the archives and FAQ for chapter-based numbering schemes.

Regards,

Peter Gold HighSoft, Inc. Adobe Products Applications Engineer,
Training, Support
voice: 612.823.2393 toll-free: 888.746.6066
visit http://www.highsoft.com