Re: Blank Pages and Numbering

Subject: Re: Blank Pages and Numbering
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:33:39 -0400

One local pubs manager solves the problem by formatting so that no
page *is* left blank. This often works...add a table, break a procedure so
that it continues onto the blank page...
"Well-written" is a tad tough to define, demonstrate, and prove,
and I'd just as soon avoid the problem of saying, "Write this so people
know it's the end!"
I've also used dingbats--those fonts in dingbat were apparently
named for the publishing convention of using little designs at the end of
articles. You'll see them in most magazines. I use end-of-procedure
markers (three checkmarks, or whatever) to denote end of text.
Mary
Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net