Teaching Tech. Writing - Thank you

Subject: Teaching Tech. Writing - Thank you
From: Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- POP -dot- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:39:16 -0400

Thank you to everyone who helped me find teaching resources for tech. writing.

I have found out that there is an association called the Association of
Teachers of Technical Writing, based in California. However, for us
Canadians, there is also a Canadian branch based in Winnipeg. Contact me for
more details. Apparently, this Canadian branch at least is pretty much a
hard core academic research bunch. They publish a scholarly journal called
"Technostyle".

I also found out that there are some sites with very thorough design and
tech info for Web design and online documentation design. Not exactly
teaching material, but good reference nonetheless.

I also found out that many people get their best resources from reading the
STC journal and from attending Annual STC conferences.

Someone gave me the name and e-mail address of an actual teacher of
technical communication in an American university. I appreciate it and I
will definitely contact her soon.

Again, thank you for the help. I knew I could count on you.

Fabien Vais
phantoms -at- total -dot- net