Re: Distributing movie files with PDF

Subject: Re: Distributing movie files with PDF
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:21:00 +0200

Shifra,

when you look at the Acrobat Reader CD-ROM, you will see that there is a
QuickTime distribution on it. If I remember correctly, the user is even
asked when installing the Reader whether QuickTime should be installed too.
This installation is as unrestricted as the installation of Acrobat Reader.
However things might change in the future, depending on the development at
Apple concerning licencing fees for QuickTime 3 <curse them>. As long as
you stay with QuickTime 2 level, you would not have problems.

This would be sufficient to include QuickTime movies into your documents.
It works on Windows 95 and even 3.1.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap