Re: Changing templates - It's easier to ask for forgiveness

Subject: Re: Changing templates - It's easier to ask for forgiveness
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:35:21 -0500

Andrew Plato wrote:
... make the changes to your templates and don't tell anyone. If you tell
them you changed the template -- they'll yell at you and you'll spend WAY
more time "defending your decision" then writing documents (like you should
be doing). If you just do it and don't ask, they'll either praise you for
your "ingenuity" or yell at you. The latter has the most chance of being
successful without the involvement of any "review boards".
My supervisor in my previous place of employment operated on the principle
that *It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.*

Laurel Nelson