An Elegant Draw Program - Summary

Subject: An Elegant Draw Program - Summary
From: "Roz Ault, Information Technology, X 377" <AULT -at- FAXON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 14:10:06 -0400

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my request for
suggestions for an elegant Windows draw program.

Here's a summary of the recommendations I've received:

Corel Draw - 1
(but only a secondhand recommendation from someone who didn't
actually use it himself)
Claris Works - 2
(but both these people were using it on the Mac and
didn't really know how well the Windows version worked)
Freehand - 1
Micrografx Technical Edition - 1
Visual Thought - 1

.. and the program with most recommendations was:

Visio - 4

I especially appreciated these responses, since I wasn't at all
familiar with Visio, and now will definitely check it out.

Someone also mentioned Graphic Converter, but it runs only on a Mac.
I know that GC does a very good job of converting Windows graphics
to a Mac format, but I need a program that runs on Windows.

I suppose it's only fair to mention (although I really don't
want to get into a platform war here) that 4 people also
told me I was never going to be happy with any Windows draw
program after using a Mac. That may or may not be true, but
regardless of my personal preferences, I don't have any choice
in the matter.

Thanks again,

- Roz Ault
ault -at- faxon -dot- com