Re: Sigh-off sheet

Subject: Re: Sigh-off sheet
From: "Mason, Catheryn" <CMason -at- INFINITEC-COM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:54:56 -0500

Amy:

I used to work in the health care field, and we called such documents
Competency Assessment Tools. They usually contained one or more of the
following elements: checklist, scoring key, return demonstration
verification. We also included a formal procedure that specified the
frequency with which staff had to be assessed, which staff members could
serve as examiners (that is, an RN should examine an LPN, a Director of
Nursing should examine an RN, and so forth), what the consequence of
passing or failing an assessment would be, and who would be allowed
access to the assessment results. I believe that we also specified in a
separate policy the relationship between an assessment (one-time?
pre-hire? annual?) and offer of employment/an increase in salary. You
may not be concerned with the policy and procedure issues in the present
situation, but I find it helpful to have as much knowledge as possible
of the use(s) of a document before I create it. Hope this gives you some
useful information to consider.

Catheryn Mason
Infinitec Communications, Inc.