Re: PhotoShop and Corel Suite compatibility

Subject: Re: PhotoShop and Corel Suite compatibility
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:26:46 -0400

I'd be interested in knowing more about this also. I have decided to
purchase CorelDraw 8, instead of Adobe Illustrator (mostly because I am
familiar with it and PhotoPaint is included w/ the package).

However, my illustrator uses CorelDraw 7 for drawing (he doesn't like
Illustrator), but relies on Adobe PhotoShop for image editing. We are
now concerned that:
1) He won't be able to open my CorelDraw 8 files in CorelDraw 7 (does v8
give you the option to save files down to v7?)
2) That CorelDraw8 won't run under NT (the product info says it will,
but we tried to run v7 on NT and it bombed). BTW, my illustrator has 95,
not NT - is that another compatibility problem?
3) Can I edit PhotoShop images (layers, etc.) in either Corel PhotoPaint
or PaintShop Pro?

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated!

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
Norcross GA (USA)