Re: Documentation for Financial Software

Subject: Re: Documentation for Financial Software
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GPS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:49:48 -0500

Cornelia,
Sometimes we state that "xxx is the sum of yyy" or "this field displays
the total of xxx less any yyy" or something like that. The only time we
spell out specific formulas is a cases such as clarifying the
differences between item pricing methods (e.g. Percent of Margin vs.
Percentage Markup) or what the extended price on a PO form is.
Otherwise, we say our product is GAAP-compliant and leave it at that. So
far we haven't had any request to document the "under the covers"
calculations.
Roy M. Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to
resemble a nail." --Abraham Maslow