[no subject]

From: Richard Lippincott <rlippincott -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 16:16:55 -0700

> Richard wrote:
>
> > Tony didn't ask about the east coast, but I can tell you that
there's
> > no slump in the Boston/Rt. 128 area either.
> >

> Ahh, but the Thursday edition of The Wall Street Journal reports
that Compaq
> plans to cut 15,000 jobs at Digital after the acquisition is
completed.

> How will that affect the Boston/ Rt. 128 area?
>
> Only time will tell...

Waidaminnut here, was it Time or the Wall Street Journal? Make up your
mind

Seriously, it looks like the impact in this are will be small. First,
that 15,000 is a world-wide cut, not just here in the Boston/Rt. 128
area. Second, all indications are that the current job market will be
able to swallow up all those laid off from DEC.

As one analyst was quoted as saying "It's a very good time to get a
layoff notice from DEC."

==

Richard Lippincott
Comverse Network Systems