Windows CE / Pocket Help reference

Subject: Windows CE / Pocket Help reference
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:03:23 -0700

Fellow TECHWR-Ls,

I've asked a few questions lately about Windows CE
in an attempt to build my knowledge base for this new
platform. I stumbled across a reference that is good for
programming with Windows CE *and* creating Pocket
Help, the HTML-based help system supported by
Windows CE. The reference is:

Windows CE Application Programming
By Jeff Baker
(C) 1997 Macmillan Technical Publishing
ISBN 1-57870-005-1

"Chapter 11: Windows CE Help Files" is especially
useful for people designing Pocket Help. It includes
a comprehensive list of HTML tags supported by Windows
CE.

BTW, here's an important point -- the book was written for
(or about) Windows CE 1.0 but most Windows CE users and
programmers have upgraded to version 2.0 by now. I don't
know how this affects Pocket Help, but I'm guessing that a
larger set of HTML tags is supported in 2.0. Someone on
the list might have more information on this than I do, though.

You learn something new every day...

Cheers,

Rowena

Rowena Hart