Re: Online Document Reviews

Subject: Re: Online Document Reviews
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- AW -dot- SGI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:56:41 -0400

Janice Gelb said:

> Although
>I review online material like Help by looking at the online
>version, I still find it easier to mark corrections on a
>printed copy, and I think it is also easier for writers
>to see why I am recommending the change and to choose not
>to incorporate those changes with which they do not agree.

I like paper reviews for one additional reason: the writers can learn from
them. Silently amended docs don't teach the writers their weak spots and
habitual errors; if they see their errors, they can improve their writing
(and future edits can then concentrate on deeper matters).

...pat.

Pat Anderson,
Documentation Manager
Alias|Wavefront, an SGI Company