Re: Interview Questions

Subject: Re: Interview Questions
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:34:26 -0700

A promotion to VP -- Good for him!!!

A man with keen insight, and the ability to ferret out a potential bad
employee, a man who discriminates for the good of his company, a man
whose skills of discernment have once again saved the company money and
added to the bottom line, gets a well deserved promotion. Yeahhhh!!!

From the sound of this thread, there seems to be a contingency that
would subscribe to a form interview completed through the web. An
interview that doesn't permit one to be exposed to the personal
discernment of others. An interview where a quick mind is not needed to
survive.

Is that really what you want?

Should interviews be restricted to only a few questions authorized under
color of law?

Having said that, I am in concert with Bill Swallow who said:
<snip>
As far as the boat and cannonball question, I believe you had my
answer. Any left-field question deserves nothing more than a
left-field answer.
<snip>

Remember it is *your* interview, not just the employer's. Have fun with
it and run the show.

Roger Mallett
Control Systems
(714) 458-5040 x 239