Technical Editor, Pleasanton, CA

Subject: Technical Editor, Pleasanton, CA
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 13:20:53 -0700

Job Opening: Technical Editor
Remote Access Business Unit
Lucent Technologies, Inc.
Pleasanton, CA

Job Requirements
--------------------------
o Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
o About 3 years of recent technical editing experience
o Windows 95 experience
o Excellent copyediting skills
o Flexibility
o A sense of humor

Preferred Experience
-------------------------------
o Editing in a networking or internetworking environment
o Proficiency with FrameMaker software for PC, Macintosh, or UNIX
o Developmental editing
o Online help editing
o Training materials editing
o Indexing or index editing

Job Responsibilities
-----------------------------
o Editing and rewriting printed and online documentation company-wide
o Improving editorial and visual standards for documents
o Maintaining consistent style guidelines
o Providing production support
o Recommending new designs, layouts, and procedures, as needed
o Assessing future editorial requirements within the company

You will be editing primarily for our publications and training
departments, but will also be looking at technotes, marketing publications,
and Web pages.

You must provide recent samples of your editing markup and/or edit a short
draft document.

Send Your Resume To
---------------------------------
Taffy Everts
4464 Willow Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
925-737-2100 X3132
Fax: 925-737-2110
taffy -at- livingston -dot- com

Who Are We?
--------------------
The Remote Access Business Unit of Lucent Technologies, Inc. (formerly
Livingston Enterprises, Inc.) is a 250-employee unit of a large technology
company. We design and produce hardware and software for internetworking
applications. Hours are flexible. Most work is performed onsite, but some
telecommuting hours can be arranged. Benefits include medical and dental
and 401(k) and stock purchase plans. See our website at
http://www.livingston.com for more information.

Taffy Everts
Editor, Technical Publications
Remote Access Business Unit